By Cassie Russo
February has brought so much snow and fun activities to Stratton – making Southern Vermont the best place for February Vacation. Whether your trip is planned, or you are here right now, here’s what I think are the 11 must-do activities while here at Stratton on your February Vacation.
1. Ski and/or SnowboardA bit obvious, but with 60″ of fresh snow in February alone, conditions are better than ever!! Mike via Twitter said that these are the “Best conditions I’ve EVER skied.”
2. Visit the Ice Castle
If your kids are in love with Disney’s “Frozen”, which they probably are, they will be in awe of the ice Castle at the Sun Bowl. It’s growing and changing every day, so there’s always something new to explore!
Hours and ticket information
3.Go Fat Biking
The newest and most popular trend has arrived at the Sun Bowl. On February 21, the whole family can try out Fat Bikes and learn more information about the growing sport!
4.Enjoy Live Music in the Village
No matter what your taste in music is, we’ve got a variety of live bands playing all season long. With 14 during President’ week alone, the whole family can enjoy live music at many venues throughout the village.
Live music line-up
5. A Night Out for the Kids
Kids Night Out returns on February 21, where kids of all ages come together to enjoy s’mores by a campfire, sledding and a movie night! While the kids make new friends, Mom & Dad can have their own night out (see #6.)
Kids Night Out
6. Date Night
While the kids enjoy Kids Night Out, Mom & Dad can enjoy dining without ever having to leave the village. With a multitude of dining options, the Village is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
7. Retail Therapy
Whether you want to splurge on that new jacket you’ve been eying or treat your sweetie to a new pair of earrings, the Village is full of retail shops to satisfy all your needs. Check out the Stratton Clothing Company, where you can take home souvenirs from your Stratton exploration!
8. Go TubingTube with the whole family at the Sun Bowl day or night! The Tube Park features four lanes of lift-serviced snow tubing, warming hut with light refreshments and fire pit.
9. Explore the Nordic CenterCross Country ski or snowshoe our 12km of nordic trails located at the Sun Bowl! It’s a great activity to get the family together and stay active!
Nordic Center information
10. Pamper yourself at the Spa
Facials, massages and manicures are just the beginning of what the day Spa at Stratton has to offer. Treat yourself, you’re on vacation.
11. Visit the Training and Fitness Center
Stay active during your vacation with our Fitness Center’s many classes, including yoga, spin and swimming! The indoor salt water pool, hot tub and massages will help you wind down after a long day of skiing.
Fitness center information