By Courtney DiFiore
Dad. Father. Daddy. Pop pop. Whatever your special name, today’s the day we celebrate dads. If you’re anything like me, you may have forgotten today was the day until, well…today! I didn’t prepare, I’m empty handed and, sure, ‘it’s the thought that counts,’ but is it?
As a result, I’ve determined others like me need some help so below you’ll find a list of go-to gifts great for last minute.
U.S. Open Challenge – This Stratton Mountain Golf School/Course package is perfect for the father that wants to elevate his game this summer.
Clothes – Some dads are notorious for wearing socks with sandals, pairing black and brown and so on. Get him something he’ll thank you for later when the wife gushes about his good looks. In the Stratton Village the latest styles are always coming in.
Food – Isn’t that the fastest way to a man’s heart? Satisfy dads sweet tooth with a dessert date or take him to lunch at one of the many dining options in Stratton Village. The cherry is a trip to the summit via Stratton’s Gondola.
SUP Boarding or Kayaking – Does the old man dream of the open sea? Rent a stand up paddle board or kayak for the day.
Season Pass – It’s never too early to give the gift of snow!
IOU – If all else fails, there’s always the IOU homemade card. It’ll remind him of the good old days of macaroni cards and little league games.
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads of the world!
Top 10 Gifts for Dad
Fathers can be tough to buy for, but we’re here to help with the Top 10 Gifts for Dad. Whether you’re spending quality time together or treating him to a stress-free guys’ weekend, give him a gift he’ll brag about.
- Treat Dad to a round of golf at a championship course with scenery to match. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/golf/index.aspx
- Help him get back in the swing of things with a lesson at the Stratton Golf School. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/golf/golf-school/golf-programs.aspx
- Book a tennis lesson or a weekend workshop with the pros at the Cliff Drysdale Tennis School. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/tennis/index.aspx
- For the foodie fathers, a Farm-to-Table dinner is on the menu. Choose from three nights, each with an exclusive menu. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/farm-to-table-dinners.aspx
- Does Dad think he’s the next Top Chef? Reserve a spot for him in one of two Green Mountain Culinary Escapes. A weekend of cooking with Stratton’s Chef Ebel with farm-fresh ingredients. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/events/2014/08/green-mtn-culinary-2.aspx
- Nothing says family bonding like trying a new sport together. Rent the gear you need from First Run in Stratton Village. http://www.stratton.com/events-and-activities/stratton-activities/summer-activities/paddleboarding.aspx
- Yoga and music come together at Wanderlust Stratton. Dad can choose from yoga classes to guided hikes, intimate lectures to live music and more. http://stratton.wanderlustfestival.com/
- Does Dad want to do it all? The Cross Fun package is just for him. Includes lodging, rentals, fitness classes, golf, and more. http://www.stratton.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/cross-fun-pkg.aspx
- If he’s already dreaming of winter surprise him with a 2014/2015 season pass. http://www.stratton.com/lift-tickets-and-passes/stratton-season-passes.aspx
- Dad can’t make it up to the mountain for Father’s Day? Bring the mountain to him with apparel, glasswear and more so he can show his Stratton pride wherever he goes. http://stratton-mountain-resort-store.myshopify.com/