Summer vacation is fast approaching! Looking for some new & fun activities to keep the kids busy and active this summer? Try something new and join us for summer in the Green Mountains. Here’s our top 5 summer vacation activities right here at Stratton.
1. Stratton Kids Adventure Camps Choose from four different types of camps, each one allowing kids to make new friends and explore the beauty of Southern Vermont in the summer.
2. Take a scenic gondola ride. You’ve seen the breathtaking views in the winter, but have you ever seen the Green Mountains actually green? A gondola ride to the summit will give the whole family a total 360 degree view!
3. Golf as a family. The new 9-hole Pitch and Putt Course at the Stratton Golf School is ideal for beginner and family play. The Stratton Golf School also provides family and kids programs, where you can get personalized coaching from Stratton’s golf pros.
4. Enjoy the Free Summer Concerts Series on the lawn with the whole family. Each Saturday, a new artist will entertain at the commons, where there will be lawn games and a BBQ. Dancing is encouraged.
5. Hike & Explore! No matter what age or ability level, there’s a hiking trail for everyone in the family. Along the way, make it fun – see how many critters you can spot, collect fun shaped rocks and splash in natural streams.
Love it? Share it on social media below!
By Courtney DiFiore
Claim First Tracks
It’s time for you and the sweetheart to earn those turns. Grab batteries for the head lamp and take to the hill early morning. Skin or hike up, share a private sunrise, then enjoy first tracks. Talk about a unique, shared experience to remember forever.
Hit the Nordic Trails
Not everyone is willing to race down steeps on two planks and that’s okay. We have Nordic trails for those who prefer flatter ground. Don’t let the lack of elevation fool you, this is quite the work out. Cross Country Ski or Snowshoe through 12 miles of groomed trails. Located in the Sun Bowl, the Nordic Center is open 7 days a week from 9am-4pm with the warming hut open Weekends and Holidays from 9am-4pm. Start planning your date!
Trade the lake for a mountain and go snow tubing! This is more on the fun side than fit, but if you opt to walk up the hill instead of taking the lift-service you could get a really good work out. Located in Stratton’s Sun Bowl, the Coca-Cola Tube Park features four lanes of lift-serviced snow tubing, warming hut with light refreshments and fire pit. Play by day or under the lights at night!
Visit the Ice Castle
Picture yourself as Elsa in the movie Frozen. That’s what you’ll feel like when stepping into the Ice Castle located in the Sun Bowl Base Area. You and your date can explore winding mazes and archways all crafted by hand using only icicles and water. This one of a kind, spectacular icy forest is the perfect back drop for that couple selfie you’ve been dying to take.
Ever heard of Fat Bikes? Equip with fatter, more durable tires Fat Bikes allow you to ride on snow. Now you and your special someone can go cycling year round. Talk about an Instagram worthy shot of the two of you!